Maret 12, 2009

Knowledge is a worthy investment, OCC freshman writes

by Jessica Gorman

With the outlook of our current economy, high school students might decide that college is not worth their time or their money. For a few, this may be true. In some cases, a trade school would be a wise decision. Becoming a master of a trade is increasingly popular.

In any other case, college is probably the smartest route. Students can gain a life experience.
You may not know what you want to do for the rest of your life, but you can get a good idea of what you like to do. Also, even if you have a degree in accounting, you would have a better chance of being hired for an upper-level position in a retail store or restaurant over a competitor lacking a degree.

As Sir Francis Bacon said, "Knowledge and human power are synonymous."

I never graduated from high school, and I quickly realized that I could do anything I wanted but I would have to work for it.

I got myself into Onondaga Community College. This was probably the best decision of my life. Not many people truly love trudging through the mundane educational system, but the rewards exceed the endeavor. How can somebody put a price on self-actualization?

When it comes to college and you do not know how you will pay for it, just get creative. Make sure you are getting all the financial aid, grants, and loans available for you. Ask relatives to help pay for tuition and books. Work a part-time job.

To have a constant cash flow, I turned my knitting hobby into an entrepreneurship opportunity.

Anyone can do anything, and anyone can go to college, but the moral of the story is that you have to work for it to reap the benefits.
source:syracuse.com
Bookmark and Share
 

recents post

software for accounting!! QuickBooks 2009 For Mac
free counters